Answered By: Anne Briggs Last Updated: Feb 17, 2020 Views: 8
1. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy device is registered by checking under Settings > Accounts and Sync. (Note: You must have a Gmail account to register your device.)
2. Install Adobe Digital Editions to your computer (not your Samsung Galaxy) and register it using the same email you used to register your Samsung Galaxy in step 1.
3. Install the Bluefire app and authorize the app with your Adobe ID.
4. Open the internet browser on your Galaxy and navigate to the library's website: https://library.montgomerycollege.edu.
5. Search for your ebook on RaptorSearch. Select the title you'd like to read.
6. On the item page, click the "Electronic Resource: Click Here to View" link. If you are off campus, you will be prompted to enter your M number. If the ebook is from eBooks on EBSCOhost, proceed to the instructions on eBooks on EBSCOhost downloading below. Otherwise, continue to step 7.
7. Click the Download button, and select th loan length and desired format (if applicable).
8. After downloading, open the Bluefire app on your Galaxy and the ebook will appear in the library list.
eBooks on EBSCOhost Downloading
1. Install the Aldiko Book Reader app through the Play Store on your Galaxy and authorize the app with your Adobe ID. To authorize the app, tap the menu button and select Settings. Then tap Adobe DRM and authorize with your Adobe ID.
2. Open a browser on the PC on which you installed Adobe Digital Editions in step 2 above. Navigate to the library's website and search for the ebook on RaptorSearch. Select the title you'd like to read.
3. On the item page, click the "Electronic Resource: Click Here to View" link. If you are off campus, you will be prompted to enter your M number.
4. When the ebook description page appears, you will have to create an EBSCO account before you can download the ebook.
5. Once your account is created, click the "Download this ebook (Offline)" button. Select the desired checkout period.
6. After downloading the ebook to your computer, you must find the file on your computer (.pdf or .ePub) and transfer it to your Galaxy. Digital Editions stores your ebook files in a default location on your computer.
On Mac OS: your-home-directory/Documents/Digital Editions.
On Windows: your-home-directory/My Documents/My Digital Editions.
7. Plug your Galaxy into your computer and locate the ebooks folder in the memory. (Note: the ebooks folder is created when you install the Aldiko app.)
8. From the (My) Digital Editions folder on your computer, locate the ebook you downloaded (.pdf or .ePub file) and drag and drop it inot the ebooks folder on your Galaxy.
9. Disconnect your Galaxy from your computer.
10. Open the Aldiko Reader app and tap the Files icon on the menu. A dropdown list with various folders will appear. Tap the ebooks folder and locate the ebook you want to read. Tap the ebook and import to Aldiko.
11. Look for the ebook on the Aldiko shelf list.