Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: Aug 08, 2017 Views: 57
The library does not mail books to students. Students are required to come to the library and check out the item using their student I.D. The library does purchase e-books which means that any student can view the book right from their computer.
E-books are discoverable and accessible by students, faculty, and staff via the MC Library Catalog. You will need your MC ID number in order to access e-books if you are working from an off campus location. Community patrons/users will need to visit one of the library campus locations to access e-books.
Follow the steps outlined below:
- Start at the Library home page
- Click on the link to the MC Library Catalog Basic Search
- Search the catalog using the basic search tab by entering keywords in the "Search" box
- In the "within" box select type of searching (e.g. Keyword (And); Keyword (Or); Title Keyword; etc.)
- Select "Electronic Books" from the drop down menu in the "Show Only" box.
- Click on "Search" button and run the search
- Review the titles in the search results list
- Select an e-book to view by clicking on the title
- Click on "Click Here to View" in the library catalog e-book record
- Type in your MC ID number in the box provided. This will be the letter "M" followed by 8 numbers.
- Full access to e-book should now be available