Skip to Questions

LibFAQs - Got Questions? We've Got Answers.


Can I place a hold without a library card?

Last Updated: May 31, 2013  |  65 Views
Topics: Holds

Was this helpful? 0   0


You will need a current student ID MC number or patron card to place a hold on a circulating item.  Holds can only be placed on items that are checked out.  Placing a hold on a checked out item means that when the item is due and returned, you will be the next user allowed to check it out.

Answered by Vickie DrakeBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Call or text!

    • a small icon
      Send us a text message! (240) 654-1728
    • a small icon
      Call us. Germantown: 240-567-7853 Rockville: 240-567-7130 Takoma Park/Silver Spring: 240-567-1536 Cafritz Art: 240-567-5813

    Live Chat

    Reference assistance 24/7 from the Maryland AskUsNow! cooperative.

    Related content from MC Libraries' Research Guides and Course Pages