Can you mail a book to a distance learning student?
The library does not mail books to students. Students are required to come to the library and check out the item using their student I.D. The library does purchase e-books which means that any student can view the book right from their computer.
E-books are discoverable and accessible by students, faculty, and staff via the MC Library Catalog. You will need your MC ID number in order to access e-books if you are working from an off campus location. Community patrons/users will need to visit one of the library campus locations to access e-books.
Follow the steps outlined below:
- Start at the Library home page
- Click on the link to the MC Library Catalog
- Search the catalog using the basic search screen by entering keywords in the "Search" box
- In the "within" box select type of searching (e.g. Keywork (And); Keyword (Or); Title Keyword; etc.)
- Select "Electronic Books" from the drop down menu in the "Show Only" box.
- Click on "Search" button and run the search
- Review the titles in the search results list
- Select an e-book to view by clicking on the title
- Click on "Click Here to View" in the library catalog e-book record
- Type in your MC ID number in the box provided. This will be the letter "M" followed by 8 numbers.
- Full access to e-book should now be available